Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rainbow Moon

The other day I saw one of the most beautiful scenes in the history of the world, but I didn't have a camera with me so I thought I would write a little blurb about it to keep the picture alive:


            It was an average equatorial afternoon, and the drizzling rain had just begun to fade away. The clouds parted over the ocean and the birds emerged from their dripping nests with songs of springtime. I glanced to the south and was stopped in my tracks by the miraculous sight that was unfolding in front of me. As the wispy clouds floated away in the warm wind, the edges of a rainbow began to emerge. Sprouting from the leafy green mountainside, a great arch of color glided through the sky and melted into the waters of the lagoon. The sparkling colors materialized into distinct lines and made an unbroken archway across the tropical landscape. Beneath the apex of the vibrant rainbow shone the white orb of a daytime moon in its full glory. With palm trees in the foreground, mountainous jungle on the left, turquoise water on the right, and a full moon as its crown, the rainbow elegantly framed a heavenly scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment